Advanced slipcover styles and techniques from Pat Reese

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Does my wing chair have a "telephone arm?"

Here's a seminar attendee with her wing chair cover.  You may notice that the arm front panel stops at the level of the cushion and is corded all the way around.  Since this piece is shaped like a 1950's-style telephone receiver, I call this a "telephone arm."  

The inside and outside arm have to be cut to go around the lower part of the front arm and they are joined with a plain seam at the outside curve just above the "speaking" section of the telephone receiver. 

If you order my wing chair DVD and book be sure to let me know if you have this type of arm on your wing chair and I will include instructions for this variation.

Stay in,  Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment